In this video Joseph Paul demonstrates how to play slide guitar. Slides come in either metal or glass, metal being preferable because it doesn‚Äôt break if you drop it. Slides are usually worn on the pinky finger but you can use any finger that is comfortable.
Lay the slide flat across the strings without pressing down, keeping it in line with the frets to prevent problems such as the pitch going off. A slide causes a lot of stray sounds, but these can be muted by laying your first finger right behind the slide.
Staying on key is important so you need to avoid putting pressure on the strings and be sure to play right on the frets. Different sounds can be created with hand movements, as well as using a couple of notes together rather than just one.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades