Getting to know your scales are important to understanding music theory, learning your fretboard, improving your technique and training your ear. Check out this instructional acoustic guitar video that shows how to play C major scale in first position. Playing a scale on one string is a great way to learn the fretboard but not the most efficient way to play a scale. Try a 1st position C major scale. Start by putting your 3rd finger on low C (3rd fret of your A string). Proceed to follow the alphabet from low to high using the proper 1st position fingers as explained below.
* Index finger looks after notes on the first fret
* Middle finger looks after the second
* Ring looks after the third
* Little finger on the fourth
Concentrate on using the correct fingers and saying the note names as you play. Improve your guitar playing skills by watching this short tutorial video to learn to play C major scale in first position on acoustic guitar.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades