Want to impress your friends by whipping out your guitar and strumming some of their favorite tunes the next time you are at a party? This guitar lesson teaches you how to play the Dire Straits song "Romeo & Juliet" using open G tuning(D-G-D-G-B-D) with a capo on the 3rd fret. Once you get a hang of these popular guitar chords and tunes, you can start incorporating them into your own songs. With this lesson and a bit of practice you will be able to play "Romeo & Juliet" by Dire Straits on the guitar. And who knows, maybe soon you can play lead guitar in a rock band!
Here's some notes on the chords.
With the capo in the third fret, the open strings play a Bb major.
Barre the second fret and you get a C major.
The opening chord of the intro is an F major. If you can't see my fingering, I'm playing:
The opening chord of the verse is that F again, then the next chord is D minor:
I didn't record the chorus. It uses F major, C major, D minor and Bb major.
The end of the chorus goes to a G minor, which is played like this:
That pretty much gives you the framework for the whole song in this tuning.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades