Tim Gilbert breaks down the task of singing & playing the acoustic guitar into 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Strumming
You could hold a chord, but that isn't necessary when you are getting used to the down-up strumming motion. It helps to talk along, as it will prepare your to do two things at the same time (sing & play).
Step 2: Changing chords
Try switching from G to C Ad 7th. Helps to say a word, like 'change' for instance, while switching chords. Slow down if necessary.
Step 3: Learn melody and lyrics of the song, so that you don't consciously think about this while playing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades