This two part series teaches how to improvise playing solos. First we'll review the basic 12 notes of the scale, which we need to know in order to begin working with keys and lead guitar scale patterns. I'll explain how the 12 notes of the scale relate to the guitar fretboard. This will serve as a basis for all things that follow, including barre chords.
I will introduce the Minor Pentatonic scale as an easy to follow pattern, and then show you how to find the correct key, or position, on the fretboard to play that soloing pattern. I have a trick I'll explain for finding the correct key to solo in by ear. I hope to engage some of you to help each other by posting links to sound files that we can all use to practice our soloing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades