Although mainly demonstrational, this video shows you how to play the song "Whistling Rufus" by Kerry Mills on guitar. This video is aimed more towards advanced players who learn easily by watching or listening. Read the useful tips posted below:
Kerry Mills was a prolific creator of ragtime and novelty piano pieces, and "Whistling Rufus" was a typical "cakewalk and two-step" composition from 1899. The arrangement follows the original sheet music, transposed from Bb/Eb to B/E - capoed on the 2nd fret and picked in G/C voicing! Note the march time in the 2nd theme.
Many ragtime pieces followed the classic sonata form with 4 themes played: AA-BB-A-CC-DD. This piece follows that pattern except that theme D is actually a repeat of theme B - but in a different key and rhythm. Theme C was, traditionally, a "trio", i.e. with a 3-piece harmony. This piece was played by a jazz band in the UK trad jazz "revival" period in the late 1950s, and the front line of trumpet, clarinet and trombone fitted the trio idea perfectly. It's harder to do on guitar.
The tab and music for this song are available on the user's personal website.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades