If you have a natural ear for music and have perfect pitch, then tuning any sort of instrument, including the guitar, is probably not a problem for you. But for the rest of us, a piano or a pitch finder is necessary to make sure our guitars are in tune.
But what if you're traveling and have neither with you? Check out this video to see how to tune your guitar using the dial tone on a U.S. phone.
The U.S. dial tone is 440 Hertz that matches the pitch of the open 5th (A) string for standard tuning on a guitar.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades