This is a short video describing where to place a capo on a standard tuned guitar to make it playable in the same positions and notes as a ukulele.
Basically, you place a capo on the 5th fret and only play the bottom four strings. It's difficult to avoid the top two strings, but if you can manage it you will be able to practice your ukulele songs even when the only thing around is a guitar (and a capo).
The main difference in the sound will be that the top string on the guitar will be an octave lower than the ukulele. Same note and same chords, but the ukulele has one high string on the top whereas the guitar always goes down from low strings to high.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades