In this video, we learn how to play Jazz guitar: Functioning & Static Dominant Chords. When you play an A7 going to a D chord, you are playing a functioning dominant, because a five chord always wants to go to a one chord. This is because of the tension in the five chord and how it resolves to the one chord. You will hear that the chord wants to go to a different chord, so make sure you understand this concept as you are playing. If the chord does go to the other, it's referred to as a functioning dominant. Any dominant seven chord needs to be worked out quickly while you are playing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades